Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pretty, Pretty Princess

Princess Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary was born to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden on February 23rd.  Isn't she darling?  She was also named Dutchess of Ostergotland,  from whence my Swedish ancestors emigrated.  That's why I feel some kind of connection to her.
Her great-grandma knitted that sweater.  I doubt that Queen Elizabeth's going to do that for any of her grandchildren.  Ya gotta love the Swedes and their down-to-earthiness.


Out for a walk with her mom and dad.

This is a traditional Swedish Princess Cake.  I think it's pretty, but it's covered in marzipan.  Gross.

Vadstena Castle in Vadstena, Ostergotland.  I visited there in 2005.  Well, not visit as in going in, but I was there on that spot.  It's pretty.
                                      

No comments:

My Rad Life!