Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Be the Kind of Person

A bumper sticker today said something along the lines of:  Be the kind of person your friends can stand up for, but they don't need to.  Anyway, it made me think about an experience I had a couple of days ago.  A friend of mine was getting a security clearance for his job, and I was one of his character references.

The interviewer was completely professional and efficient.  She asked me questions about my friend's integrity, work ethic, how he spends his free time, and how he would handle the tasks ahead of him.  It was so wonderful to be able to say that my friend is a man who lives his life with complete integrity.  He probably feels great knowing that he doesn't have to worry about how his friends and associates will answer in his behalf.

No comments:

My Rad Life!