Thursday, September 22, 2011

Homer Long

When I worked as an ultrasound tech in South Carolina, there was a physician in town named Homer Long, but with his SC Midlands accent, it always sounded like "Home Alone" to me.

I am home alone for the next few days, while the boys are mountain biking in Colorado.  My evening so far has consisted of eating Oreos for dinner, buying fun-colored shoelaces from J. Crew for my new Old Navy wedge heel desert boots:


$20, people!  You can't go wrong with that.

I'm sort-of going for this look with the different laces.
and watching TV shows I've never seen before.  Modern Family was pretty good, but I will never remember when it's on during the week.  Toddlers and Tiaras was only viewable on the TLC channel as clips.  They were appalling enough in small bites.  Are all these people from the South?  They are nuts. 

I also downloaded Roger Ebert's new memoir, Life Itself.  It has been said that it is his best writing yet, which is really saying something.  Maybe I'll just read for the rest of the evening.

What would you do if you had the whole house to yourself for four days (assuming this is an unusual occurrence for you)?

2 comments:

Amberly said...

I am also without spouse, just overnight, but alas am not without children. so we played hard all day, skipped naps so I could put them to bed early. I will be settling in to watch a few new shows myself while folding laundry. then I'll hit the sack with a mindless novel. glamorous, isn't it?

SD Fiddlers said...

Relish the quiet and pick up a great book. Very cute shoes!

My Rad Life!