Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Self-Portrait Tuesday/My New Haircut

My long hair had gotten on my last nerve. I needed something new, more professional, and easier-to-care-for. So, I visited my hairdresser, Morgan, today.

For those of you who have known me since way back when, this is not a new cut. It's my med school cut, the one I got when I was sick of cadaver spooge getting in my hair (which happened pretty quickly).

Not only did I get a new style, I colored my hair darker, just because. I'm kind of plus/minus about that part, but I like the cut. Unfortunately, Rowdy's and my paths will not cross until later tonight, so he hasn't seen it yet. (I'm not much of a self-portraitist. I think it looks better in person.)



The funniest thing is that, when I returned to work after the hairdresser's, one of the vascular surgeons--an old, crusty sort--said, "What happened to you? Were you on "What Not To Wear?".

15 comments:

Lezlie said...

Wow! You look hot with the new do! I think it's great to change things up a bit now & then. Looking good.

Tory said...

Oh my goodness, I love it! I want to cut my hair off so bad. However, Tyler and I disagree on that, but then again, he doesn't really have much of a say!

Jaime said...

Oooh, I like the new doo! I am looking for some fresh ideas myself and your hair inspires me to try something new. What to go you hotty!

Steph said...

I love it! It looks great. Even though I've always been jealous of your gorgeous long hair. Good for you for being brave enough to try something new.

Amberly said...

I love the new look.. i've been in the market for one myself. morgan did a fantastic job!

karen said...

Very sophistimacated!

Anonymous said...

I like it, Nan! You are always gorgeous!

nyclizzie said...

So chic! Looks so smooth and healthy! Let's hear the update about what RB thought!

tenacious d said...

Rowdy likes it. It does look better in person.

Rowdy said...

whats funny is she loves that show, what not to wear. hahaha.

i actually helped encourage this hair style. and i definetly approve of the color.

gggrrrrrrrrrrr

im rowdy, and i approve this message.

Julie said...

Very sophisticated cut. I like the color too.

Rowdy said...

oh, and the neighbor we like though i had a girlfriend, hahaha, when she saw diane with the new do.

The Silly Witch said...

You look great! You'll have to have Rowdy take a pic of you with your hair in motion.

Steph said...

Di, I love it! How spooky is it that I just did the same thing!?! Even dyed it darker. But I love yours SO much! Is it an A-line? I like the part on you.

Anonymous said...

I noticed your hair today- it is really great! And I love What Not To Wear! I could totally be on that show, but whenever I go shopping I think "What would Stacy and Clinton say?" :)

My Rad Life!