Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Retiring Sort



My mom finally retired as of October 31. She worked for Guaranty Federal for ages, rising to the rank of Assistant Vice President. She has always been an example to me of how to work hard and do your best at whatever you do. Mama is tenacious and feisty. If you tell her she can't do something, then she'll find a way to stuff those words down your throat and rip your heart out and show it to you when she's done doing whatever it is you told her she wasn't going to be able to do. And she makes a mean cinnamon roll.

Now she and Dad are going to have a lot more time to enjoy each other's company and all of the fun things that Austin has to offer.

I love you, Mama!

2 comments:

Rowdy said...

youre mom is quite tenacious herself!!

tenacious d said...

That's who I get it from!

My Rad Life!