Sunday, July 29, 2007

Growth



Things are growing here in Sandy Lameo. For the first time, I have tomatoes ripening. I ate the first one last night--yum! And the tea olive plant I planted is flowering. Tea olive is my favorite scent. It's kind of peachy. One of my favorite memories of Charleston is walking past a house down on the Battery that has a huge tea olive bush. You could smell it for blocks.

Keiler spent last week with us. He had grown so much, both physically and emotionally, since last summer. He was much more responsible and cooperative, much more self-motivated than before. He's almost as tall as Rowdy now and getting taller than his sister (much to his delight). He's getting more adventurous, too.






He learned to love boogie boarding, which was surprising. Our boys don't really like the ocean too much. We also took him sea kayaking at La Jolla Shores. It was totally fun. The leopard sharks are hanging out in the cove now, and there were sea lions sunning themselves. Keiler also went to his first MLB game, put together our new bbq, learned how to grill, made a robot arm (that was really cool!), and went 90 mph with Rowdy on the motorcycle without freaking out. One of the best "firsts" for Keiler was going to the temple where Rowdy baptized and confirmed him for his great-grandpa Rookstool.

Keiler brought me a book he thought I might like. It's Stoneheart, by Charlie Fisher. It's about a boy who discovers that the city of London has many layers and becomes involved in a conflict between good and evil amidst the statues that are all over the town. It's fairly inventive; I quite enjoyed it. He managed to get his dad to buy the newest Harry Potter book, a fact that he lorded over Jordan. He didn't let any spoilers slip, which was much-appreciated.

So, that's it. That's what's been growing at the Bricco house!

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

What an eventful week. I think MY kids (and me) would like to be sent to your house for a weekend, too. It sounds like so much fun--boogie boarding, sea kayaking, wild sea lions.

Anonymous said...

I have 3 functions here
1. Minister of Transportation
2. Homeland Security
3. Recreation Leader
It is the 3rd calling that provides the most enjoyment to guests and myself.

tenacious d said...

We definitely have fun when the Pied Piper is around.

My Rad Life!