Friday, April 20, 2007

Little Help?

One of my colleagues and an all-around great guy, Richard Yoo, is running the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in June. He's raising money for people with leukemia, lymphoma and blood-related disorders through Team in Training. Having trained with TnT in 2003, I can attest to the great work this organization does, not only in raising funds for research, but helping patients cope with their disease process, sometimes in such little ways as arranging rides or carfare for patients traveling to and from treatment or doctor's appointments.

Please consider supporting Rich and Team in Training as they help people with leukemia, lymphoma and blood related disorders.

Here's Rich's letter:

Dear Friends and Family,

It is with great excitement that I have decided to run in the San Diego Rock n’ Roll Half Marathon as a member of the Team in Training (TNT). The half marathon will be held on Sunday June 3, 2007. It is with a humble heart that I ask for your contribution to my undertaking.

To help me accomplish this endeavor and cross the approximately 13 mile finish line, I joined TNT. The organization provides me with a great four-month training program and represents the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, a non-profit health organization dedicated entirely to finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma. There are 63 chapters of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society that support research, patient financial aid, education and community services.

I have committed to raise $1700 to support the cause and would love your support. Your donation will help The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s mission of finding cures and saving lives. What’s more, it’s fully tax deductible.

How can you donate? There are two ways:

1. Go to my own personal TNT training page: www.teamintraining.org/hm_tnt
2. Look under Find a Participant (top line of page)
3. Enter my first and last name and click Search. Click on my name in the Search Results box and donate!

I will gladly accept donations after April 1; however, the sooner I meet my fundraising goal, the better I can focus my energy on preparing for the half marathon. I also encourage you to pass on this letter (or the URL above) to anyone else who might be interested in helping this cause. Whatever amount you can give will help – every penny counts!



With the greatest gratitude,

Richard Y. Yoo, M.D.


$13.00 One buck a mile!

$26.00 Pretend he ran a marathon!

$50.00 I like that guy!

$75.00 He owes me dinner for this!

$100.00 “I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat”

$200.00 “Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.”

$500.00 Trying to avoid personal gains tax.

$1000.00 Why not?

No comments:

My Rad Life!