Thursday, June 14, 2012

På dagligvarer



One of the things that I enjoy when I travel is going to the grocery store.  It gives a really good picture of what life is like for the average person in that location.

We saw the above commercial before the trailers when we were at the movies in Norway.  So when we next went to the store, I had to find  this in the freezer case.

"Cuz that's what we eat in America.
We about died laughing when we saw this.  There is another version of the packaging where the burritos are presented standing on end in small plastic cups, like something out of Pinterest.  The "crispy chicken" has this weird breading on it.  Everywhere we went that had a "Mexican" version of something (hamburger, deli sandwich) had taco chips on it.  Like old-school Doritos taco chips.  
Homer Simpson on a bread wrapper.  Just an FYI--$1 = 6 NOK

Which makes me wonder if someone is trying to sell marshmallows that are made with some fakey American recipe or a non-American recipe.

2 comments:

SD Fiddlers said...

That is such a fun way to get to know a place. Well, except when you go in to buy yogurt and accidently come out with sour cream or something else entirely.

tenacious d said...

Or, like I did, buy a cinnamon roll that is actually flavored with cardamom. Not that it was bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

My Rad Life!