Saturday, July 2, 2011

Has It Really Been Thirty Years?

My 30-year high school reunion is tonight in Boise, Idaho. I have reconnected with some of my classmates through Facebook.  People really have grown up into lovely adults with interesting and productive lives.  Although it would have been fun to see people and catch up, all I would have been able to do is fly up there this morning, go to the dinner tonight and fly out tomorrow.

Thirty years!  Crap!  It hardly seems possible. A lot has changed.  I'm now perimenopausal, for one thing.  Ugh.  And I've been married twice, gotten three degrees, lived all over the US and traveled the world.  Wow. 
As you may be able to tell from this picture, I've gained a pound a year for the last 30 years.  Double ugh! Thirty years from now, I'll probably be a great-grandma. I refuse to be 30 more pounds heavier then.


 
But anyway, feast on the awkwardness(and skinniness) that was me as a 16-year-old Borah Lionette...


4 comments:

Amberly said...

you went to borah?? shoot, you probably know more callisters that is healthy for one person... and for the record, you still look fab.

tenacious d said...

Why thanks! I wonder if your Uncle David Callister is at the reunion tonight. He was always such a riot. We met in a Sophomore biology class that was taught by a man who was obsessed with ducks. There were hundreds of taxidermied ducks in our classroom, and we had to learn the names of way more varieties of ducks than I cared to know. But Dave made me laugh probably every day.

cindy said...

You look A-MAZ-ING today! You were darling back then...and today. You're inspiring!

Julie said...

No adult should weigh what they weighed at age 16 (unless they were overweight at age 16). You look fantastic and super skinny today. Just look back at that woman with the sexy pose to the left of the sign in the pole dancing picture.

My Rad Life!