Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

a little early than the calendar would have it. Yesterday was the first truly warm, beautiful day in what seems like a long time.

I rode my newly-acquired road bike to work. That is definitely a weird body position compared to what I'm used to with the mountain bike. It made my thumbs tired. Should it do that?

We went to the ballfields behind our church (hey, we pay our tithing) for FHE and had K teach us how to throw the discus. He's a good teacher and will be a very good discus thrower by the end of the season (or before). However, I am just as bad at it as I was as a freshman PE major. Oh well. My self esteem isn't tied up in how good I am at field events.

Today was a great scooter-riding day. I beeped my little horn at everyone I knew as I sped by them and sang "A Wonderful Day Like Today" from The Roar of the Greasepaint--The Smell of the Crowd as I rode along. Well, I sang only the parts that I could remember from 1992 when I was the dance captain for a production of that show at Town Theater in Columbia, South Carolina. It kind of went: on a wonderful day like today...ya tatata ta ta ta ya tata ta ta".

2 comments:

Molly said...

Nice. As for me, I am totally stuck at javelin. I will never feel good about myself until I can master this skill. Do you think marshmallow camping sticks count? If so, I can breathe...:>

Love to hear about your days!

Claire said...

I love to hear about you rdaily adventures. Sounds like you are always having fun or you are just a great story teller.

My Rad Life!