Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm Still Here

One of the nice things about having Rowdy home is that things get done around the house.

We were eagerly awaiting our tax return so that we could start working on some home upgrades. Our living room and stairs will get wood floors and our master bath's gross carpet will turn into tile this week. We're getting the windows on the west side of our house tinted to block the sun and improve our power bills tomorrow. Rowdy and Keiler are going to re-landscape an area on the side of the house to improve the drainage. We're also hoping to get plantation shutters in the ground floor, though that might have to wait a bit. I'll post pictures as things progress.

My running has progressed to running 2.5 miles, with my pace about 9:45/mile. For me, that's a huge improvement. I was probably running 12 minute miles before I undertook the 3-2 program. This Saturday, I'll be doing a St. Patrick's Day 4-miler. I'm definitely going to keep going with the program. Starting next week, I'll be doing 400-m repeats, tempo runs and long runs, with swimming and something else, spinning or kickboxing, as cross-training.

I had lost about 10 pounds on Weight Watchers, but I must admit to gaining back a couple of pounds last week in the aftermath of the dessert party and taking care of the leftovers. That's okay. I know how to get back on track. I can't believe how great I feel and how comfortable my clothes are now. So many things I'd put aside because they didn't fit right are now back in the lineup. It's like having a new wardrobe.

4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

It sounds like you are doing awesome! Plantation shutters are so pretty.

I think I need to try that running program.

tenacious d said...

I think they make the house look more polished than blinds.

Amberly said...

will you remind me of the running program you're using? I think your progress is terrific, both physically and around your home, it's like a whole new you!

tenacious d said...

It's sometimes called the 3-2 program. The book is "Run Less, Run Faster", by Pierce, Murr and Moss. I highly recommend it!

My Rad Life!