Saturday, September 1, 2007

Rise and Shout!


After a few years of neglect, I am trying to renew my enthusiasm for BYU sports. Back in the day, I had season football tickets and went to basketball games fairly often. Once I left Utah and attended the University of South Carolina, my investment in the Cougars diminished considerably.

The Cougs beat AZ today in decisive fashion, which was a much better way to get my Cougar Spirit back than the drubbing the basketball team took when we watched them play SDSU earlier this year.

Having been away, I have a few observations:

1) I much prefer the "new" Cougar Blue. It's much prettier than that royal blue version from years past.

2) Coach Edwards will always be the One True Coach.

3) What the heck have they done to Cosmo? What's up with his little slits for eyes?

4) Interesting how I can still sing the entire fight song after all these years.

5) I could really go for a big chocolate chip cookie and scoop of mint chip ice cream from Heap's.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

I agree with most of your observations, except that I like the new cosmo. growing up my family was always watching, but I am a now and then fan... It is fun to see them do well though, hopefully this will be a good football season for them. And yes, lavell will always be the one and only.

The Silly Witch said...

I need this to be a good football season. Our home just isn't the same when the Warlock is in a fit of depression.

I, too, love the "Deep Shade of Royal Blue." It just goes with other colors so much better.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I have told you the comment I received about, "..a mother and a son here today," in the temple. Yes, I felt like someone just knocked the breath out of me, and I was suppose to go and have good feelings about everyone in the session??

Yes....Go Cougars!!! A favorite football game memory... Remember how Andy, Aaron, Jim, and Reece would always make bets? I was at a game sitting by Andy, as he proceeds to braid the hair of the girl in front of him. They bet him he couldn't do it without her knowing. Yup, he won the bet.

My Rad Life!