Sunday, May 6, 2007

Bats in my attic

I have mentioned my addiction to BBCA's Cash in the Attic. A couple of weeks ago, I happened on the US version. Yuck! I much prefer the measured tones of the British auctioneers compared to the whooping and hollering of the American ones. And then there's the total crap that the US contestants have in their attics. The couple on the episode I watched had a bunch of beanie babies and Happy Meal toys.

The UK contestants always seem to have Clarice Cliff pottery. I had never heard of this stuff, but apparently it was all the rage in England in the 20's-40's. Some of it is attractive....


2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I can sure tell you that I don't have cash in MY attic. Maybe they should call the American version "Crap in My Attic" because that's all I have. Unless someone wants to read all the letters Nick wrote to me when he was on his mission...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, what would Cash in the Attic be Rowdy-style...
1. a dead shark in a jar
2. collection of rowdy themed license plates from various states
3. 186o's jules verne novel
4. unabridged 1,001 arabian nights from the 1930s.
hmmm......

Does this make me better or equal to the typical Wal-Martized ding bat that is the average american..

ROWDY!!!!!!!

My Rad Life!